Encodign issue in Python 3.3.1 (once again)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 30 10:40:01 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/30/2013 05:47 AM, Νίκος Γκρ33κ wrote:
>> The moen i switched "charset = 'utf-8'" => "charset = 'utf8'" all
>> started to work properly!
>
> Glad you have it working.
>
> Perhaps this should be a lesson to you, Nick.  Chris was able to spot
> your problem by READING THE DOCUMENTATION, which he probably found
> through some quick searching on Google.  These are things you can and
> should do too.  As well as looking at the source code of the modules you
> may have downloaded and are using, and understanding how the code works
> (or fits together) and how to debug.

Well, actually I didn't find the documentation when I did those quick
web searches, which is why I ended up looking at the source. That
probably doubled the time requirement, and roughly doubled the minimum
skill points to cast this spell (programming is an RPG, right?), but
if he's actively using the module, he probably knows where to find its
docs.

ChrisA