Encodign issue in Python 3.3.1 (once again)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu May 30 05:29:56 EDT 2013

On 05/29/2013 04:30 AM, nagia.retsina at gmail.com wrote:
> What makes us o sure it is a pymysql issue and not python's encoding
> issue?

The original traceback, which showed that the encoding error was
happening in
"/opt/python3/lib/python3.3/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py", line 108.
 As was said, you solve that by passing a charset="utf-8" to the
connection string.

So doing that solved the encoding problem (a query is now being
successfully built and sent to mysql) and went on to expose another
problem (bug) in your code, but I cannot tell what that is, since the
error happened in a subprocess and the traceback got sent to /dev/null.
 I suspect is has something to do with how the query results are being
returned, or it could have something to do with the query itself.
Python DB API does not specify exactly which style of prepared
statements should be used by a given third-party module.  So differences
in syntax between how pymysql and MysqlDB define the variables could be
the problem.

In any case your course is clear.  Run pelatologio.py outside of your
templating system and see what the traceback says exactly now that the
charset issue is fixed.