Solving the problem of mutual recursion

Carlos Nepomuceno carlosnepomuceno at outlook.com
Sun May 26 14:22:19 EDT 2013

> Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 11:13:12 -0700
> Subject: Re: Solving the problem of mutual recursion
> From: peter.h.m.brooks at gmail.com
> To: python-list at python.org
[...]
>> How can you get 140% of CPU? IS that a typo??
>>
> No, on a multi-core machine it's normal. The machine shows python
> running multiple threads - and the number of threads change as the
> program runs. Perhaps the OS/X implementation of python does allow
> concurrency when others don't. It certainly looks like it!

I pretty sure it doesn't run on multiple cores on Linux and Windows.

I've tested it and have been trying to find a better way achieve concurrency in Python. One of the ways is the multiprocessing module[1].

Do Mac OS shows "140%" CPU load when more than a single core is been used? lol Apple sucks!!! lol

[1] http://docs.python.org/2/library/multiprocessing.html