Short-circuit Logic

Stefan Drees stefan at drees.name
Fri May 31 11:34:36 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-30 08:29:41 +0000, Steven D'Aprano said:
> On Thu, 30 May 2013 10:22:02 +0300, Jussi Piitulainen wrote:
>> I wonder why floating-point errors are not routinely discussed in terms
>> of ulps (units in last position). ...
> That is an excellent question! ...
> I have a module that works with ULPs. I may clean it up and publish it.
> Would there be interest in seeing it in the standard library? ...

I am definitely interested seeing this in the python standard library.
But as I continued to read the lines following your proposal and the
excellent article from Bruce pointed to by Carlos on this thread, maybe
a package on pypi first grounding somewhat the presumably massive
discussion thread on python-ideas :-?)

All the best,

Stefan.