Preventing nose from finding setup.py

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Fri May 24 23:16:57 EDT 2013

In article <roy-51D3E2.23121724052013 at news.panix.com>,
 Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:

> We've got a package (with an empty __init__.py), which contains a
> setup.py file.  When I run nosetests, the test discovery code finds
> setup.py, thinks it's a test, and tries to run it (with predictably poor
> results).

Ugh, I described that wrong.  Setup is also a package (with it's own
empty __init__.py file).  But, the same problem applies.  Nosetests
discovers it, tries to run it, and barfs with:

TypeError: Attribute setup of <module 'djsite.songza_web' from
'/home/roy/songza/djsite/songza_web/__init__.pyc'> is not a python
function. Only functions or callables may be used as fixtures.