authentication with python-ldap

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat May 25 14:25:18 EDT 2013

> I have been doing the same thing and I tried to use java for testing the credentials and they are correct. It works perfectly with java.
> I really don´t know what we´re doing wrong.
>

> You are accessing a protected operation of the LDAP server
> and it (the server) rejects it due to invalid credentials.
> You may have forgotten to pass on credentials (e.g. a password)
> or the credentials do not fit to the specified user
> (maybe the user does not exist at all).

Depending on the directory (which we don't know) and the code as well, the way you auth
might be the problem. Possibly Java met the directory requirements with the methods you
used whereas they did not with Python given your code.

For example, certain operations in AD require specific transports to be used...

jlc