Debugging parallel nose tests?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu May 23 09:09:21 EDT 2013

I've got a suite of about 150 tests written using unittest.  It takes
5-10 minutes to run, so I'd really like to use nose to run things in
parallel.  The problem is, when I do that, I get lots of test failures.
Obviously, we've got some kind of inter-test dependency that I haven't
been able to locate.

Is there some way to make nose print a report of how it partitioned the
tests across the various processes?  If I could see that, it might help
us reproduce the failures.

We're using:

nosetests --process-timeout=60 --processes=40 test_api.py

and

_multiprocess_can_split_ = True