Diagnosing socket "Connection reset by peer"

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed May 22 08:50:24 EDT 2013

On 05/22/2013 04:46 AM, loial wrote:
>    <SNIP>
>
> .... Is there any additional traceing I can do(either within my python code or on the network) to establish what is causing this error?

Try using Wireshark.  It can do a remarkable job of filtering,
capturing, and analyzing packets.  It can also read and write pcap
files, which you could either save for later analysis, or send to
someone who might help.  (Note - unfiltered pcap files can be very large
on a busy network, but if you can quiet other traffic, you may not need
to filter at all.)

--
DaveA