What was the project that made you feel skilled in Python?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:43:23 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> I wanted to simulate a particular board game, and had others in mind
> with some common mechanics.
>
> This resulted in a library for rolling dice in different combinations,
> and looking up result tables <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/alea>.

Fun fun! Of course, when I hear "rolling dice in different
combinations", my mind immediately turns to Dungeons and Dragons,
where it's plausible to roll d20+7, then roll 2d8+d6+12 to figure out
how much damage you did...

But the hard part of board games is usually the board. I used to spend
ages trying to draw up a half-decent board, and ended up giving up. By
"simulate", I'm guessing you mean that you didn't actually draw
anything of the sort?

ChrisA