Future standard GUI library

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 29 03:20:04 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Wolfgang Keller <feliphil at gmx.net> wrote:
> I won't give you an example, but just some very basic criteria:
>
> - It must be very efficient for very small "datagrams"
> - It must provide connections
> - For asynchronous programming it must provide for callbacks

In other words, a TELNET connection. I absolutely concur.

I've made extensive use of that family of protocols; between MUDs
(three active connections right at this moment), mail (SMTP and POP
both), actual command execution (though that's usually encrypted via
SSH), and *seven* separate protocols that I devised for work, I pretty
much *always* am working with a system that parses text into lines and
(usually) lines into commands with arguments. It's a broad concept
that can be applied to *everything*. I'm firmly of the opinion that
Magic: The Gathering could be played over a MUD connection.

ChrisA