Generating multi-part emails

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Thu May 16 02:01:55 EDT 2013

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> I wish to generate some test data for a program that deals with emails. I
> need something that can produce multi-part emails, including "broken"
> emails that violate email standards, especially when it comes to Unicode.

I would start producing legal messages (e.g. with the "email"
package) and then put in common standard violations.

I am using the XEmacs "vm" email package and it has
difficulties with the quoting of non-ascii characters
in header lines (it performes the quoting based on non-ascii
character sequences rather than on words, as it should).

Maybe, there is an email message catalog around for the test
of email servers/clients. I would check for this in corresponding
open source projects.