python sockets question

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 22:28:17 EDT 2013

On 2013.05.15 20:47, Eric Miller wrote:
> Can python sockets be used to capture IP traffic when the traffic is originating from a non-python source?
Python just exposes the underlying OS socket interface. There is nothing special about sockets in Python. The whole point is to connect
heterogeneous systems. I can use Python on Windows to create a client that will connect to a service written in C running on Solaris or to
something written in Java running on Linux.

--
CPython 3.3.1 | Windows NT 6.2.9200 / FreeBSD 9.1