sendmail smtplib.SMTP('localhost') Where is the email?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu May 30 18:55:12 EDT 2013

On 30May2013 15:48, inq1ltd <inq1ltd at inqvista.com> wrote:
| python help,

Please do not make new discussions by replying to an old discussion.

It is not enough to change the subject line; unless you also remove
any References: and In-Reply-To: header lines your message is still
considered part of the old discussion.

| I've tried this code which I got from:
| http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/python_sending_email.htm
|
| I build this file and run it
[...]
|    smtpObj = smtplib.SMTP('localhost')
|    smtpObj.sendmail(sender, receivers, message)
|    print "Successfully sent email"
[...]
| After running the the file and I get
| "Successfully sent email"
|
| My question is why doesn't webmaster get an email?

Well, this suggests that the message has been accepted by the mail
system on localhost. Not that final delivery was made anywhere else.

You now have to read the log files on your mail system to see what happened.

One easy check to do first is to see if it is still in your mail
system but undelivered. On a UNIX system running the command:

  mailq

should tell you that. If the queue is empty, the message has been
sent somewhere and you must dig through the logs to find out where.
If the message is in the queue then the "mailq" command will probably
give a suggestion as to why.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

As you can see, unraveling even a small part of 'sendmail' can introduce more
complexity than answers.        - Brian Costales, _sendmail_