Python's sad, unimaginative Enum

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue May 14 05:24:02 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, 13 May 2013 13:00:36 +0200, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:

I was just proposing a solution I've been using and found quite satisfactory. As for the perfect "enumness" of that solution, I don't know. To be honest, I'm not sure I know the exact definition of an enum, and whether or not the C enum fits 100% that definition. It does the job in python. Some people may find it useful, others may just ignore it.
Additionally, the "bug" you mentioned can be written in C as well, casts allow to compare apples and oranges:

(Colours::GREEN == (enum Coulours::Colour)Experiences::GREEN)

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.