Python for philosophers

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Tue May 14 14:56:10 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Citizen Kant <citizenkant at gmail.com> wrote:
>I'm making my way to Python (and
> OOP in general) from a philosophical perspective or point of view and try to
> set the more global definition of Python's core as an "entity". In order to
> do that, and following Wittgenstein's indication about that the true meaning
> of words doesn't reside on dictionaries but in the use that we make of them,
> the starting question I make to myself about Python is: which is the single
> and most basic use of Python as the entity it is?

It is a way to form order from ideas, an *experimental* philosophy.
One can apply and implement a philosophy, taking it out of the realm
of ideas and simulate them in the machine.

> I mean, beside
> programming, what's the single and most basic result one can expect from
> "interacting" with it directly (interactive mode)?

A game of interactions.

> I roughly came to the
> idea that Python could be considered as an economic mirror for data, one
> that mainly mirrors the data the programmer types on its black surface,

That is called the "editor window" in our world that is displayed on
an electronic device called a computer display, but in Samael's world
it is a mirror into our world.  He misused it to rape the crown of the
Hebrew story (found in the Bible).

> So, would it be legal (true) to define Python's core as an entity that
> mirrors whatever data one presents to it (or feed it with) showing back the
> most shortened expression of that data?

No, that is me, Marcos.
--
MarkJ