help on Implementing a list of dicts with no data pattern

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Wed May 8 20:16:10 EDT 2013

On 09/05/2013 00:47, rlelis wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm working on this long file, where i have to keep reading and
> storing different excerpts of text (data) in different variables (list).
>
> Once done that i want to store in dicts the data i got from the lists mentioned before. I want them on a list of dicts for later RDBMs purpose's.
>
> The data i'm working with, don't have fixed pattern (see example bellow), so what i'm doing is for each row, i want to store combinations of  word/value (Key-value) to keep track of all the data.
>
> My problem is that once i'm iterating over the list (original one a.k.a file_content in the link), then i'm nesting several if clause to match
> the keys i want. Done that i select the keys i want to give them values and lastly i append that dict into a new list. The problem here is that i end up always with the last line repeated several times for each row it found's.
>
> Please take a look on what i have now:
> http://pastebin.com/A9eka7p9

You're creating a dict for highway_dict and a dict for aging_dict, and
then using those dicts for every iteration of the 'for' loop.

You're also appending both of the dicts onto the 'queue_row' list for
every iteration of the 'for' loop.

I think that what you meant to do was, for each match, to create a
dict, populate it, and then append it to the list.