cello library

Terry Jan Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed May 8 17:06:31 EDT 2013

Unredacted: http://libcello.org/

> If this is a legit post, can you please elaborate on just _why_ we
> would find it interesting? I'm leery of clicking random links like
> that without at least some indication. It could be some cool Python
> library, or it could be something relating to music, or it could be a
> malicious site ready to compromise my browser and your Yahoo account
> was compromised to send spam.

Legitimate request, like some I have made of others. Since I trust Mark:

"Cello is a GNU99 C library which brings higher level programming to C.

         Interfaces allow for structured design
         Duck Typing allows for generic functions
         Exceptions control error handling
         Constructors/Destructors aid memory management
         Syntactic Sugar increases readability
         C Library means excellent performance and integration
...Cello is licensed under BSD3."

Partly inspired by Python, including this:

  /* "with" automatically closes file at end of scope. */
   with (file in open($(File, NULL), "prices.bin", "wb"))) {
   }

An interesting question is whether it could be used to convert or
rewrite Python to C.

__
Terry Jan Reedy