Making safe file names

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 22:20:13 EDT 2013

On 2013.05.07 20:45, Dave Angel wrote:
> While we're looking for trouble, there's also case insensitivity.
> Unclear if the user cares, but tom and TOM are the same file in most
> configurations of NT.
Artist names on Last.fm cannot differ only in case. This does remind me to make sure to update the case of the artist name as necessary,
though. For example, if Sam becomes SAM again (I have seen Last.fm change the case for artist names), I need to make sure that I don't end
up with two file names differing only in case.

--
CPython 3.3.1 | Windows NT 6.2.9200 / FreeBSD 9.1