Why do Perl programmers make more money than Python programmers

Fábio Santos fabiosantosart at gmail.com
Sun May 5 13:34:57 EDT 2013

I wouldn't touch perl code with a ten foot pole.

On the other hand, python is pleasing to the eye and easy to write,
read and modify.

This means that you can easily be replaced with someone else who also
knows python, so your company doesn't care much about paying you well
and keeping you there.

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Ignoramus16992
<ignoramus16992 at nospam.16992.invalid> wrote:
> According to CIO.com, Python programmers make only $83,000 per year,
> while Perl programmers make $93,000 per year.
>
> http://www.cio.com/slideshow/detail/97819?source=ifwartcio#slide10
> http://www.cio.com/slideshow/detail/97819?source=ifwartcio#slide11
>
> I would like to know, what explains the discrepancy.
>
> Thank you!

> --

Fábio Santos