Python not starting

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon May 6 02:06:07 EDT 2013

On Sun, 05 May 2013 20:15:08 -0700, drjreddy7 wrote:

> I am very happy to inform all of
> you that the problem is solved. The problem was due to the prescence of
> duplicates for genericpath.pyc and stat.pyc.I have deleted them and new
> ones were generated as i started python. Thanking all of you for
> assisting me in solving the issue.

Well, I'm glad it's sorted, but the solution raises as many questions as
it answers.

How did you get duplicate genericpath.pyc and stat.pyc files?

If they were duplicates, why didn't they have the right code in them?

It's probably not worth spending any more time investigating, but it is
still rather mysterious.

--
Steven