First python program, syntax error in while loop

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 6 08:37:48 EDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 13:06, Neil Cerutti wrote:
> On 2013-05-03, John Gordon <gordon at panix.com> wrote:
>> In <auil2vFijo4U1 at mid.individual.net> Neil Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> writes:
>>
>>> Not quite yet. Players who guess correctly on the fifth try don't
>>> get credit.
>>
>> Are you sure?  tries is initialized to zero and isn't
>> incremented for the initial guess.
>
> while (number != guess) and (tries < 5):
>
> Is the condition that concludes the game.
>
> After the game, you are told you lost if tries is not less than
> five, regardless of if number == guess.

One of these days I'll work out why some people insist on using
superfluous parentheses in Python code.  Could it be that they enjoy
exercising their fingers by reaching for the shift key in conjunction
with the 9 or 0 key?

--
If you're using GoogleCrap™ please read this
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython.

Mark Lawrence