First python program, syntax error in while loop

ryankoch38 at gmail.com ryankoch38 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 13:57:00 EDT 2013

Okay, thank you very much for the timely replies, heres what i have now:

title = "Guess my number game:"
print title.title()
raw_input("Press any key to continue..")

import random

number = random.randrange(99) + 1
tries = 0
guess = int(raw_input("Guess my number! Secret - It is between 1 and 100 :"))

while (guess != number):
    if (guess > number):
        number = int(raw_input("Sorry, my number is lower than that! \n Try again:"))
        tries += 1
    else:
        number = int(raw_input("Sorry, my number is higher than that! \n Try again:"))
        tries += 1

        print "good job, you won!"

raw_input("\n\n Press any key to exit..")

## it seems to stick with "higher" or "lower" after my first guess, whichever it
## is