First python program, syntax error in while loop

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri May 3 13:26:46 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM,  <ryankoch38 at gmail.com> wrote:
> title = "Guess my number game:"
> print title.title()
> raw_input("Press any key to continue..")
>
> import random
>
> tries = 0
> number = random.randrange(99) + 1
> guess = int(raw_input("Guess my number! Secret - It is between 1 and 100 :")
>
> while (guess != number):
> if (guess > number):
>     number = int(raw_input("Sorry, my number is lower than that! \n Try again:")
>    tries += 1
> else if (guess < number):
>     number = int(raw_input("Sorry, my number is higher than that! \n Try again:")
>     tries += 1
> print "Congratulations, you guessed my number! \n And it only took you" tries "tries!"
>
> raw_input("\n\n Press any key to exit..")
>
> ## what is wrong with this script? I'm just trying to understand while loops and ## this is not a real project :P
> --

1. post full tracebacks.
2. The contents of your while loop must be indented, just like the
contents of the if/else if statement you have there.  So, four spaces
before the 'if', 'else if' and 'print' lines; eight before 'number'
and 'tries' lines.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk> | GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16
stop html mail                | always bottom-post