help to code...

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 2 10:59:03 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM, leonardo selmi <l.selmi at icloud.com> wrote:
> dear python community,
>
> i wrote the following program:
>
> print str(current_month) + '/' + str(current_day) + '/' + str(current_year)
> +' '+
> print str(current_hour) + str(current_minute) + str(current_second)
>
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> how can i write the last two lines correctly?

You're doing two separate print statements. Either join them into one
(if you want it to be one line), or drop the last + on the first line,
which is causing your syntax error. But there's an even easier way to
do this: Use formatted printing.

print("%d/%d/%d
%d%d%d"%(current_month,current_day,current_year,current_hour,current_minute,current_second))

Or, since you're getting those straight from 'now':

print("%d/%d/%d
%d%d%d"%(now.month,now.day,now.year,now.hour,now.minute,now.second))

I strongly suspect that you want to put delimiters in the time, though
(colons, perhaps?). It'd be really nice, by the way, if you'd avoid
the messy American format date with the month first; put the year
first and it's unambiguous!

ChrisA