Python teaching book recommendations: 3.3+ and with exercises

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri May 3 07:09:42 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Alister <alister.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> A guy of your abilities & knowledge, why not write your own. you could
> use the experience of teaching your brother to hone it to perfection.
>
> Ok this was slightly tounge in cheek ( but not intended to be in any way
> offensive).  I will now offer to put my money where my mouth is an make a
> contribution if you were to put it up on kickstarter.

Not at all offensive... it just implies that I have time to spend,
during the day, somewhere in between holding down my own full-time job
:) I'm hoping to be involved as little as possible in the day-to-day
of it, though of course I'll be as happy to answer his questions as I
am to answer them here on the list. Also, the suggestion implies that
I'm a Python expert, which isn't exactly true; I actually have not
done many nontrivial Python programs (for instance, I've never used
_any_ of the GUI toolkits available). Hence my hope of finding a book
written by an expert and recommended by experts. :)

ChrisA