Efficient way of looging in python

Maitrey Mishra maitreymishra23 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 10:13:48 EDT 2013

I wrote some tests for logging module. I use python 2.6 and use the example
as in cookbook
file : Test_Task.py
from threading import Thread
import Logging.logQueueHandler as logq

class TestTask(threading.Thread):
def __init__(self):
pass

def run(self):
t = Thread(target=logq.log, args=("ERROR", "Hi"))
t.start()
q = Thread(target=logq.log, args=("ERROR", "Hello"))
q.start()
p = Thread(target=logq.log, args=("ERROR", "How are you?"))
p.start()
l = Thread(target=logq.log, args=("ERROR", "I am fine, Thank You!"))
l.start()
call_test.py
from Test_Task import TestTask
import unittest

task = TestTask()
task.run()
However, In the log messages I see a number of messages missing.
With the tests, my aim is to see how logging works with multiple threads.