collections.Iterator __subclasshook__ does not check if next() is callable

Byron Ruth bjruth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 15:58:15 EDT 2013

Thanks for responding Terry.

I can assure you I did not initially realize both the `next` and the `__iter__` methods were implemented when I ran into my original problem. I saw a behavior and had to work backwards to realize why it was behaving the way it was (the comparison against Iterator). Once I realized this, the behavior made complete sense. It just dawned on me the fact that `next` was not being checked to be callable (I was surprised by this at the time) which is why I investigated the `Iterator.__subclasshook__` and assumed it was behaving incorrectly based on my assumptions.