How to find bad row with db api executemany()?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Mar 30 07:38:58 EDT 2013

On 2013-03-30 00:19, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> 	I think MySQL is the only common DBMS with an extension on
> INSERT of allowing multiple records (I've not checked my Access
> 2010 docs, and my MSDE/SQL-Server books are in storage -- but
> SQLite3, Firebird, and PostgreSQL all seem to be "one INSERT = one
> record").

MS SQL Server supports the "INSERT INTO ... SELECT" syntax as well.
Strangely, it *also* supports "SELECT ... INTO tblNew" but that
creates the tblNew, rather than inserting into an existing one.

I've seen Chris's suggestion about "INSERT INTO (f1,f2,f3) VALUES
(v1,v2,v3),(v4,v5,v6);" syntax, but that hasn't worked cross-RDBMS
for me, so I always have to resurrect the syntax.

-tkc