Help printing the integers of a longer number

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:48:25 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:39 AM,  <khaosyt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to print the individual numbers of a large number using division and modulus division.
>
> For example:
>
> Enter a positive integer: 54321
> 5
> 4
> 3
> 2
> 1

Python has two operators that can help here:

// for integer division - returns the quotient without the remainder
% for modulus - returns the remainder

You'll also want to use a while loop to continue gathering digits so
long as there's something left in the number.

And if you want the digits to come out in that order, you're probably
going to want to gather them into a list and then output them in
reverse. But start by ignoring that part and producing something that,
for the input 54321, produces 1, 2, 3, 4, and then 5.

Finally, when you're asking about homework, please be honest about it.
We can tell, you're not putting one over us :) Better still, post your
non-working code and explain where you're having trouble; we'll be
happy to help you learn, but we won't simply give you the answer.

ChrisA