Help with zip in a Python exercise

luggw1 at elpasotel.net luggw1 at elpasotel.net
Tue Mar 26 13:06:09 EDT 2013

I've been working through a Python tutorial online and one of the exercises uses the zip command.  The only problem is that the command doesn't work.  I've read through the man page for zip and it looks like what I'm attempting should work, but it doesn't.

The command is:

zip -qr /media/backup/backups/test/20130326100218.zip -i /home/luggw1/Documents/ /home/luggw1/Code/

The error it produces is:

zip error: Invalid command arguments (nothing to select from)

Can anybody point out the error of my ways?

Thanks.
Bill Lugg