Performance of int/long in Python 3

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 17:26:30 EDT 2013

On 26/03/2013 21:14, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> But you are an idiot.
>>
>> I think we all agree that jmf is a character.
>>
>> So we've established that no characters are integers, but some
>> characters are idiots.
>>
>> Does that allow us to determine wheter integers are idiots or not?
>
> No, it doesn't. I'm fairly confident that most of them are not...
> however, I have my eye on 42. He gets around, a bit, but never seems
> to do anything very useful. I'd think twice before hiring him.
>
> But 1, now, he's a good fellow. Even when things get divisive, he's
> the voice of unity.
>
> ChrisA

Which reminds me, why do people on newsgroups often refer to 101, my
favourite number?  I mean, do we really care about the number of a room
that Eric Blair worked in when he was at the BBC?

--
If you're using GoogleCrap™ please read this
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython.

Mark Lawrence