LiClipse

Wanderer wanderer at dialup4less.com
Fri Mar 22 16:26:31 EDT 2013

I just updated PyDev and I got this message that they are looking for funding for a new flavor of Eclipse called LiClipse. The description of what LiClipse will be is kind of sketchy. No offense intended, but why? There is already a bunch of downloads at Eclipse and there is also Easy Eclipse. The only reason for a redesign of Eclipse, I would want would be change it from being Java based. Oracle is losing money and I wonder what their next business model will be for Java. Anyway, does anyone know what this LiClipse is all about?

Thanks