Python IDLE

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 22 20:08:33 EDT 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:11:32 +0100, Steve DeMicoli wrote:

> Dear Sir, Madame,
>
> I am having trouble starting up IDLE.

You say below that "both" IDLE's used to work. So what have you done to
change the situation? What's different?

> I have found threads with similar stories, however I haven't managed to
> solve mine.
>
> basically:
>
> I have installed both python 2.7 and python 3 on windows 7 both IDLEs
> used to work

Great! Then you know that you can have both Python 2.7 and Python 3
running IDLE on Windows 7 successfully.

> tried running program in command bar and still nothing

What do you mean? Can you explain *precisely* what you did, and what
happened? E.g.

"I clicked on the Start Menu, then clicked on X, then clicked on Y, then
the computer went dark and turned off"

... or something.

I see from your email disclaimer that you are emailing from a company.
Does your company have a Windows system administrator? If so, perhaps he
or she could shed some light on what's going on? (I don't use Windows, so
I'm a little lost myself.)

Good luck!

--
Steven