"monty" < "python"

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 24 10:08:30 EDT 2013

On 24/03/2013 13:31, jmfauth wrote:

> The problem here is that this PEP 393 should not have been
> created.
> The first time I read it, I quickly understood, it can
> not work!

How come you couldn't pursuade the Python devs that PEP393 was so flawed?

> This is illustrated by all the examples I give on this list.
> In all the cases, I can explain why.

IIRC you've never said that the implementation doesn't work.   You've
repeatedly given micro benchmarks regarding performance and nothing else.

> I never saw somebody beeing able to argue these examples are
> wrong and/or explaining why they are wrong, except arguing
> the flexible string representation exists!

Sheer unadultered crap.  Was your education at the Dr Goebbels Institute?

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence