Help. HOW TO guide for PyQt installation

D. Xenakis gouzounakis at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 02:42:07 EDT 2013

Τη Τετάρτη, 20 Μαρτίου 2013 2:55:22 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Terry Reedy έγραψε:
> On 3/19/2013 8:12 PM, D. Xenakis wrote:
>
> > Hi there, Im searching for an installation guide for PyQt toolkit. To
>
> > be honest im very confused about what steps should i follow for a
>
> > complete and clean installation. Should i better choose to install
>
> > the 32bit or the 64bit windows version?
>

> I am rather sure you should match your Python installation.
>

> > If i installed this
>
> > package on windows 8, should i have any problems? From what i read
>
> > PyQt supports only xp and win7.
>

> If the PyQT author(s) say nothing about Win8, I would presume that they
>
> have not tested it. Do you really want to be a guinea pig?
>

> > I was thinking about installing the
>
> > newer version of PyQt along with the QT5.
>

> Does PyQT 'say' that it works with QT5? If so, try it.
>

> --
>
> Terry Jan Reedy

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/news
Yes from their news

Yes i'll better stay same version as python.
Im just asking as my new laptop has win8 on that and even though i got a linux partition on that, id rather not install a win7 partition too :D. I'll give it a try what the hek. maybe there is a win7 compability mode or win7image option inside win 7 anyway.

I know i cant expect a guide how to as everything is quite new here, but .. im just searching for some guidelines here. I have download and installed already "PyQt4-4.10-gpl-Py3.3-Qt5.0.1-x32-2.exe	Windows 32 bit installer" out from this website http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download , in my start menu there is a new folder named "PyQt GPL v4.10 for Python v3.3 (x32)" but when i run Designer and go to about tab it only says:
Qt Assistant
Version 5.0.1
Copyright (C) 2012 Digia Plc and/or its subsidiary(-ies).

Would that be normal? Shouldn't i also see somewhere anything about PyQt.. :P

And last but not least..
ive noticed in the Riverbank's website this notice "Before you can build PyQt you must have already built and installed SIP"

I havent done that..

What exactly will happend now, that i have not installed that yet. What would the conflict be (im asking more so that i can understand how this helps).

Thx 4 your time guys just by reading this!