Python GUI questions

Jan Riechers janpeterr at freenet.de
Sun Mar 31 09:33:11 EDT 2013

On 19.03.2013 21:01, maiden129 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using python 3.2.3 and I'm making a program that show the of occurrences of the character in the string in Tkinter.
>
> My questions are:
>
> How can I make an empty Entry object that will hold a word that a user will enter?
>
> How to make an empty Entry object that will hold a single character that the user will enter?
>
>  [..]

Hello,

here is a very good documentation about Tkinter and its most likely that
the same principals of coding apply to Python 3.x when it comes down to
the Tkinter part:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm

Also as an tip, you can make use of a StringVar object for example -
those are (if Im not completely wrong) meant to hold values which you
can then access from the interface. Alike a binding to any element
holding text. Which should take care of the updating part if you call a
proper "StringVar/yourVariableName".set method of that particular class.

As for the UI creation, have a look at that documentation, its very easy
to navigate inside if you know what you are looking for.

Regards
Jan