"module could not be found" error

Robert Flintham Robert.Flintham at uhb.nhs.uk
Tue Mar 19 11:58:51 EDT 2013

Joel: The 2.7 is the version number of the PyDev plugin for Eclipse, rather than the Python version number.

Dave: I don't have access to the system's PATH environment variable because this computer is very tightly controlled.  However, my user PATH environment contains "K:\Python33", which I haven't had a problem with before when importing modules from site-packages.

The directory "site-packages\scipy\optimize" contains (among other things):
__init.py__
_minimize.py
_lbfgsb.pyd
lbfgsb.py

So I'm not entirely sure what it is that it can't find.

All the best,
Rob

(Apologies for lengthy disclaimers, I can't get rid of them.  Work email.)