"module could not be found" error

Robert Flintham Robert.Flintham at uhb.nhs.uk
Tue Mar 19 11:10:42 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to run the following, with <an array> representing an array of floating point numbers:

import numpy as np
import scipy as sp
from scipy import optimize

xdata=<an array>
ydata=<an array>

def t2fit(x,T2,A):
    return A * np.exp(-x/T2)

popt, pcov = optimize.curve_fit(t2fit, xdata, ydata, p0=None, sigma=None)

But I'm getting an ImportError:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "K:\eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_2.7.1.2012100913\pysrc\pydevd.py", line 1397, in <module>
    debugger.run(setup['file'], None, None)
  File "K:\eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_2.7.1.2012100913\pysrc\pydevd.py", line 1090, in run
    pydev_imports.execfile(file, globals, locals) #execute the script
 File "K:\eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_2.7.1.2012100913\pysrc\_pydev_execfile.py", line 38, in execfile
    exec(compile(contents+"\n", file, 'exec'), glob, loc) #execute the script
  File "K:\PROGRAMMING\MRI_Python\fatfrac.py", line 7, in <module>
    from scipy import optimize
  File "K:\Python33\lib\site-packages\scipy\optimize\__init__.py", line 147, in <module>
    from ._minimize import *
  File "K:\Python33\lib\site-packages\scipy\optimize\_minimize.py", line 29, in <module>
    from .lbfgsb import _minimize_lbfgsb
  File "K:\Python33\lib\site-packages\scipy\optimize\lbfgsb.py", line 40, in <module>
    from . import _lbfgsb

I've checked the path, and the file lbfgsb.py is definitely at that location (as are optimize.py and _minimize.py).  Does anyone know why I'm getting the error?

All the best,
Rob

Robert Flintham
Trainee Clinical Scientist - MRI
Tel:

 +44 (0)121 371 7000

Email:

 Robert.Flintham at uhb.nhs.uk

Web:

 http://www.uhb.nhs.uk

We're bringing the world's most advanced cancer treatments to Birmingham.
Find out more at www.qecancerappeal.org<http://www.qecancerappeal.org> or text QEHB01 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 to our appeal.

RRPPS
Medical Physics - University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
63 Melchett Road, Kings Norton,
Birmingham, B30 3HP

[cid:image001.gif at 01CE24B3.0686DA50]
DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.