How to send data from excel to website using python please help?

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Tue Mar 19 10:22:14 EDT 2013

On 2013-03-19, s.arun316 at gmail.com <s.arun316 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, im new to python. Wanted to know how to extract data from
> excel sheet and send it to webpage form. Thanks in advance.

I like to export Excel documents as csv files and read them using
the csv module's DictReader class.

You can read from them directly using something like xlrd if you
prefer, but I find it pales in comparison. My advice is to avoid
reading the Excel file directly unless you have no other choice.

Happily (for me) I don't know the answer to the second part of
your question.

--
Neil Cerutti