Excel column 256 limit

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Mar 18 12:28:31 EDT 2013

On 2013-03-18, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
> On 03/18/2013 11:28 AM, Ana Dion?sio wrote:
>
>> Is there some way to go around this limit? I need to import data from
>> python to excel and I need 1440 columns for that.
>
> Doesn't sound like a Python question.  But one answer is Libre Office
> Calc, which seems to have a 1024 column limit.

[I don't see how something with a 1024 column limit is one answer for
a requirement of 1440 columns.]

IMO, if 256 columns isn't enough, then a spreadsheet probably isn't
the right tool.  If you need 1440 columns then I can't even imagine a
case where a spreadsheet is the right tool.

I've seen people spend weeks trying to do something with excel that
would have taken a few hours using Numpy/Scipy/Scientific-Python.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I want to kill
                                  at               everyone here with a cute