How to make a Python script to audio read a text file on phone ?

Nic nicktwain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 10:04:18 EDT 2013

I've installed Python on my Nokia E71 (Symbian S60 3rd FP1) and found a script example which can read out text, see example below.
 I want to make the script to asks me for a text file instead and then reads out the content. I guess it works with a .txt file, dont know if other formats work.  Regards!

[Quote]

# Copyright (c) 2006 Jurgen Scheible
# This script performs a query with a single-field dialog (text input field)
# and lets the phone speak out the text (text to speech) that the users have typed in
# NOTE: this script runs only with Python S60 version 3.1.14 or above
# NOTE: this script doesn't work on all S60 phones neccessarily. Check your phone model if it has text to speech capability at all

import appuifw
import audio

text = appuifw.query(u"Type a word:", "text")
audio.say(text)

[End Quote]