Generating Filenames from Feeds

Chuck galois271 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 14:19:18 EDT 2013

> Seriously, if you don't post a minimal code example that shows the problem and with a full traceback you are asking strangers to do magic tricks for your pleasure.

I'm asking more for a better way of generating destination filenames, not so much debugging questions.  I only put my attempts there to show people that I was actually trying something, and not just relying on people to do my thinking for me.

I'm trying to take a feed such as this

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/feed/rss.aspx?feed=SGU

and parse some useful data out of it for a destination filename.  The solution should be general, and not just for this particular feed.

Thanks!