What's the easiest Python datagrid GUI (preferably with easy database hooks as well)?

tinnews at isbd.co.uk tinnews at isbd.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 14:40:07 EDT 2013

I want to write a fairly trivial database driven application, it will
basically present a few columns from a database, allow the user to add
and/or edit rows, recalculate the values in one column and write the
data back to the database.

I want to show the data and allow editing of the data in a datagrid as
being able to see adjacent/previous data will help a huge amount when
entering data.

So what toolkits are there out there for doing this sort of thing?  A
GUI toolkit would be lovely (allowing layout etc.) but isn't
absolutely necessary.

I'm a reasonably experienced programmer and know python quite well
but I'm fairly much a beginner with event driven GUI stuff so I need
a user friendly framework.

--
Chris Green