String performance regression from python 3.2 to 3.3

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 00:20:05 EDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
<PointedEars at web.de> wrote:
> You have still no clue what you are talking about.

Fine. I'll shut up on the topic. Go ahead, the floor is yours, go and
make whatever point you want to make. Clearly I have absolutely no
idea about characters, strings, Unicode, or in fact anything to do
with programming, as I obviously have no real-world experience with
string manipulation in REXX, Perl, PHP, Python, Pike,
JavaScript/ECMAScript/etc, or the "language" of bash+GNU utilities,
and clearly I should just let the experts discuss this stuff. Have
fun.

ChrisA