String performance regression from python 3.2 to 3.3

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Wed Mar 13 13:42:21 EDT 2013

Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:11 PM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Uhhh..
>> Making the subject line useful for all readers
>
> I should have read this one before replying in the other thread.
>
> jmf, I'd like to see evidence that there has been a performance
> regression compared against a wide build of Python 3.2. You still have
> never answered this fundamental, that the narrow builds of Python are
> *BUGGY* in the same way that JavaScript/ECMAScript is.

Interesting.  From my work I was under the impression that I knew ECMAScript
and its implementations fairly well, yet I have never heard of this before.

What do you mean by “narrow build” and “wide build” and what exactly is the
bug “narrow builds” of Python 3.2 have in common with JavaScript/ECMAScript?
To which implementation of ECMAScript are you referring – or are you
referring to the Specification as such?

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Please do not Cc: me. / Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail.