pyqt4 & qt license

D. Xenakis gouzounakis at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 9 23:09:41 EST 2013

Please correct me if im wrong..

PySide is LGPL and is free and by using that someone can develop commercial (and non commercial) software, while being able at the same to choose between both close and open Source.

PyQT4 Commercial Licence costs more than 300 Euro and by using that someone can develop commercial software while being again able to choose between both close and open Soruce.

PyQT4 GPL Licence is free and by using that someone can develop only non-commercial software. What about the source here? Could that be both open and close?

Can someone develop a closed source but NON-commercial software, by using PyQT4 GPL license?

Τη Κυριακή, 10 Μαρτίου 2013 5:31:21 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης CM έγραψε:
> Yes.  PyQT is a wrapper for Python around QT, so you would need both.
>
> QT has, according to the site,
>
> both a GPL and LGPL version of their license.

If someone used PySide, he should again use in addition one of those 2 above QT licences?

Last question: Could someone just buy the PyQT4 commercial licence and use the LGPL licence of QT in his CLOSED source commercial software? (Which i believe is free :S)

Or does LGPL mean that the source should be open?

Or i should better ask, Does any of those 2 Licenses cost any money? Or they are free?

Forgive me for all these questions im very interested in this topic too.
THX 4 your time!!
Tellidis your Greek? :)