Running external module and accessing the created objects

Kene Meniru Kene.Meniru at illom.org
Mon Mar 11 21:58:07 EDT 2013

Dave Angel wrote:

> On 03/11/2013 07:57 PM, Kene Meniru wrote:

> I hope you're just kidding.  execfile() and exec() are two of the most
> dangerous mechanisms around.  import or __import__() would be much
> better, as long as your user hasn't already run myapp.py as his script.

Tried __import__ and it seems to execute the myapp.py just like execfile
however it only provides access to objects defined in the module myapp.py
only. Like I mentioned, my program has multiple packages and the objects
myappwin needs access to are stored in an object in another module called
doc.py.

- myapp.py provides the functions used to describe 3D objects
- app.py is imported into myapp.py and is called by the functions after they
create the 3D objects.
- app.py uses another module called doc.py which app.py imports to save the
objects in a class with a dictionary.
- myappwin needs to access the dictionary in the class inside the doc
module.
--

Kene
KeMeniru at gmail.com