Running external module and accessing the created objects

Kene Meniru Kene.Meniru at illom.org
Sat Mar 9 13:18:19 EST 2013

Kene Meniru wrote:

> Dave Angel wrote:

>> If you really want two processes, then you should consider having the
>> user run the the graphic app, with a commandline parameter of user.py,
>> and have it create the user.py process.  The user.py process runs till
>> it has created all the data, then sends it via some ipc to the graphic
>> app.  Once sent, it terminates.  The graphic app reads the ipc stuff,
>> updates its graphics, then idles, watching for timestamp changes on the
>> user.py file.
>>

> This sounds interesting. What is ipc. Can you give me an example?

Actually there is a possible simple solution consistent with the way my
program works already.

I can just provide another exporter for OpenGL that pyglet.window.Window()
subclass will be able to read. So I will provide another parameter for OGL
so the user can use view(OGL). When the user.py script is run, all objects
in doc are converted and exported to a file that the graphics window is
watching. The contents will then be used to update the view. So this means
that the user or the graphics window object can run "python user.py" it no
longer matters how.

Thanks for your comments.

--

Kene