Running external module and accessing the created objects

Kene Meniru Kene.Meniru at illom.org
Fri Mar 8 22:06:28 EST 2013

Program summary:

I have a module called user.py that imports another module called
app.py. Functions in app.py are used in user.py to describe 3D
objects. These objects are saved in another object described in
doc.py.

app.py contains a function called view(). When called in user.py, it
signals the end of object descriptions. Presently all objects
contained in doc.py are exported to either POV-Ray or OpenSCAD file
format depending on the argument given to view().

My Issues:

I have decided I want to provide a preview of the objects using opengl
(pyglet). So I am trying to create another module called appwin.py
which the user can launch with user.py as an argument. When each
object is described in user.py, I want the user to be able to switch
to appwin.py, provide a signal that makes appwin.py redraw the screen
to show any modifications (perhaps with the enter key).

I do not want to invest much time with appwin.py now as I am still
coding app.py. Right now, appwin.py just subclasses
pyglet.window.Window().

I do not want to merge app.py and appwin.py. I want them to be two
separate applications because I want to retain the option of either
console or many different window interfaces.

The problem then is:

How can I run appwin.py which will then execute user.py to create the
objects to be saved in doc.py. Then when view() is encountered to be
able to access the objects stored in doc.py in appwin.py?

Any ideas will help.

--

Kene
KeMeniru at gmail.com