crypto program in python.

khudo.anastasia at gmail.com khudo.anastasia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 14:01:04 EST 2013

Hi every every body,
Today I have to submit my assignment for Computer Science, And I am absolutely stuck in writing the code. Please help me in soon possible.

The main idea of the program is encode and decode the text.
that wot the instructor gave us so far.

Sample Run

Here's a sample run of the basic program in action.

  SECRET DECODER MENU

  0) Quit
  1) Encode
  2) Decode

What do you want to do? 1
text to be encoded: python rocks
AQULEWKEMNJ

  SECRET DECODER MENU

  0) Quit
  1) Encode
  2) Decode

What do you want to do? 2
code to be decyphered: AQULEWKEMNJ
PYTHONROCKS

  SECRET DECODER MENU

  0) Quit
  1) Encode
  2) Decode

What do you want to do? 0
Thanks for doing secret spy stuff with me.
-----------------------------------
and

alpha = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
key =   "XPMGTDHLYONZBWEARKJUFSCIQV"

def main():
  keepGoing = True
  while keepGoing:
    response = menu()
    if response == "1":
      plain = raw_input("text to be encoded: ")
      print encode(plain)
    elif response == "2":
      coded = raw_input("code to be decyphered: ")
      print decode(coded)
    elif response == "0":
      print "Thanks for doing secret spy stuff with me."
      keepGoing = False
    else:
      print "I don't know what you want to do..."